Jason Behrendorff has revealed he is progressing well just over three weeks after back surgery in New Zealand.
Behrendorff was back on his feet just days after the surgery in Christchurch last month.
The star left-arm quick returned to Perth soon after to recover at home.
“My back is progressing well,” Behrendorff told emageogroup.com. “It has just gone past three weeks, post-surgery.
“The most important thing is that I can now pick my son Harrison up if I need to. Not being able to pick him up was really tough, especially when he is upset and wanting a cuddle.”
Behrendorff has started the rehabilitation process.
“I have now started some longer walks, pool mobility, functional movements and core activation in the gym,” the 29-year-old said.
“The buoyancy in the pool feels great and being able to move through a decent range of stretches is nice.
“I walked 2km the other day, I am nearly feeling like I am walking normally again. It is great to be back doing a little bit.
“I’m gradually progressing each day, seeing improvements in each session, and activities of daily living are getting easier as well.”
Behrendorff, who has opened up about his past 10 months and the decision to have surgery, was at Optus Stadium last Friday night for the T20 International between Australia and Pakistan.
But he was in a more unfamiliar spot, providing insights for ABC Grandstand’s coverage.