Born: 26 November 1987
Birth Place: Durban, South Africa
Resides: Perth, Australia
Turned Pro: 2005
Matt Ebden moved from South Africa to Australia with his family as a 12 year-old, and elected to finish school before turning his mind to full time tennis in 2005.
Ebden defied the late start to enter the world’s top 100 in 2011 and emerge as one of his nation’s brightest prospects, establishing himself in the Australian Davis Cup team and earning the ATP Nomination for Most Improved Player of the Year.
After winning his way through qualifying at the 2010 Australian Open, Ebden has played in every Australian Open since, and has played main draw singles at the French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open.
Ebden has won ATP Doubles Titles in Newport, Atlanta and Acapulco, he is also a Grand Slam Champion after winning the 2013 Australian Open Mixed Doubles Title with Jarmila Gajdosova.
With a career high singles ranking of 61 in the world, Ebden has won Challenger Titles in Nottingham, Melbourne, Yokohama, and Toyota.
- Acapulco Doubles Title (with Kevin Anderson)
- Australian Open Mixed Doubles Semi Finalist (with Jarmila Gajdosova)
- Australian Open Mixed Doubles Title (with Jarmila Gajdosova)
- Nottingham Challenger Singles Title
- Melbourne Challenger Singles Title
- Yokohama Challenger Singles Title
- Toyota Challenger Singles Title
- Napa Challenger Singles Finalist
- Tiburon Challenger Singles Finalist
- Atlanta Doubles Title (with Ryan Harrison)
- Sydney Doubles Final (with Jarkko Nieminen)
- Indian Wells, Round of 16
- ATP Nomination for Most Improved Player of the Year
- Newport Doubles Title (with Ryan Harrison)
- Atlanta Doubles Title (with Alex Bogomolov Jr)
- Australian Davis Cup Debut versus Switzerland
- Shanghai Masters, Quarter Finalist
- Commonwealth Games Singles Bronze Medallist
- Qualified for first Grand Slam event at the Australian Open
- Qualified for first ATP Tour event at the Brisbane International