Born in Sweden, Kevin Moore spent most of his junior athletics career focussing on the 100m and 200m distances.
2010 saw the then 19-year old make a switch to the 400m, with immediate success. A breakout season saw Moore added to the Relay Squad for the Commonwealth Games in Delhi. As the youngest squad member, he was a surprise choice to run in the heats. However an excellent leg cemented his place in the Australian team for the final, helping his country take the Gold medal.
After narrowly missing out on an Olympic berth in 2012, Moore made the difficult decision to switch allegiances and run for Malta, his father’s country of birth.
Moore ran the individual 400m at the 2013 Moscow World Championships, and now holds the Maltese National records for 100m and 200m.
In 2014, Moore was selected as Malta’s flag bearer for the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow where he competed in the 200m.
- Commonwealth Games Gold Medallist, 4x400m Relay (Delhi, 2010)
- Commonwealth Games Representative, 200m (Glasgow, 2014)
- World Championships Representative (Moscow, 2013)
- Maltese National Record Holder, 100m
- Maltese National Record Holder, 200m
- National Championships Silver Medallist, 200m (Melbourne, 2014)