The Gold Coast product has risen through the ranks of Australian sprinting, winning his first national medal as a 16 year old over 400m at the Australian Junior Championships. Membership on the Australian World Youth team in 2009 followed selection for the World Junior Championships the following year.
2012 was a breakout season for Beck, running a personal best of 46.07 over 400m and winning his first senior national medal – silver – at the Australian National Titles.
While narrowly missing Olympic selection in the 4x400m relay for London 2012, Beck’s time was to come in 2013. A maiden National Title in April saw him selected for the Moscow World Championships, where he was a member of the relay team that made the 4×400 Final.
A bronze medal at the 2014 National Championships now has Beck targeting his first individual spot on an Australian team at this year’s Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
- World Championships Finalist, 4x400m Relay (Moscow, 2013)
- National Champion, 400m (Sydney, 2013)
- National Championships Silver Medallist, 400m (Melbourne, 2012)
- National Championships Bronze Medallist, 400m (Melbourne, 2014)
- Commonwealth Games Representative, 4x400m Relay (Glasgow, 2014)
- World Junior Championships (2010)